General information when doing a project at Biorob
Are there any software coding standards?
Yes there are. Please abide by the standards as defined in the following document: Coding Standards
I'd like to use Webots in my project, how do I proceed?
Using Webots at EPFL
Computers connected to the EPFL network (directly or through VPN) can use Webots last version for free, installation procedure:
1. Download Webots from https://www.cyberbotics.com/
2. Log on the EPFL VPN (unless you are already on the EPFL network).
3. Start Webots and enter the following login and passord:
– login: firstname.lastname@example.org
– password: JXG01UqOFWX8u6+f7WsJgcY5k0Y=
If Webots doesn’t offer the login dialog, go to the File menu and select “Logout and Quit Webots…” and restart Webots.
Where can I find literature for my project?Biorob has a local literature repository, where you might find some useful resources.
A lot of Swiss University Libraries are part of NEBIS, what makes it a primary resource for books and older journal articles. Furthermore, EPFL has access to a lot of online journals and literature databases. There are a number of tools to manage your references, e.g. firefox based plugin Zotero or web-based services likeLabmeeting.